Cloudy and gray this morning, but its not supposed to rain until evening. There is a lot of work needing to be done in the greenhouse, so I’m headed out there first thing.

I got out there around 10:30 a.m. and started into my list of todos. First was to water all the seedlings with the biological fertilizer. I call it a fertilizer for lack of a better word. It is a mixture of dozens of strains of bacteria and fungi that are beneficial to plant growth. They aren’t, per se, food for the plant, but they help the plant take up food. Then I made a list of all the seeds that have sprouted and the ones that haven’t. Some of the perennials can take a long time to sprout, but any of the annuals that haven’t started yet need to be reseeded.

Once that was done I decided it was time to move some of the seeds where more than one had come up in the cell, into their own homes. I worked on coleus, tomatoes, basil, one variety of broccoli, and one of cauliflower. I still have some more to do, but needed to move on to the next task.

I finally moved all the metal racks I bought into the greenhouse. I put together the last two and then moved all the sprouted plants onto the top shelf. Now all the seeds that have sprouted will get better sun. I then finished off the mornings work by giving this same mixture of bacteria and fungi to all the potted plants in the greenhouse. I’ll follow up next week with their mid-month feeding. The bacteria should be active by then and I hope to see a marked improvement in some of them, especially my amaryllis.

I came in after filling the bird feeders and my husband recommended we go to the local Mexican restaurant for lunch. I asked what time it was and it was already 1:30 p.m. I was shocked that I had spent that much time in the greenhouse. I was really in a groove.

After lunch the storms arrived and we had intermittent thunderstorms all afternoon. I took a little rest and then started work on the potholder tutorial (and some new potholders for us). I was still feeling pretty tired, so I worked on the written portion of the tutorial as I didn’t feel up to doing video.

Later in the evening I worked on my cross stitch project. I’m really getting into this project. The more I get done the more I like it (even though I loved the picture of the finished project). I didn’t know if I would like it enough to continue working on it, but I do. I find myself looking forward to cross stitch time and feeling relaxed and calm after I spend some time stitching.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.