I really chugged this morning. I put my nose to the grindstone and stayed with it until I got done what I wanted to get done. Of course, it was gardening again. I did a major planting day today. I planted a six-foot trellis worth of yard-long beans, seven tomatoes, four basils, and about 40 (yes 40) coleus plants. I started at 8:30 a.m. and ended around 1:00 p.m. In order to put in the beans, my husband and I had to put in one of the moveable trellises, as well.
I keep telling you I’m going to start including pictures, so I went back outside to take some pictures of what I’d accomplished today and could see the dark clouds rolling in for the severe thunderstorm that we got warned about. Just got the greenhouse closed up in time and made it into the house before it started pouring. The wind was ferocious. Nice thunder and lightning, too.
I spent a little of the afternoon working on my sock. I was keeping it as a knitting group project, but it is getting close to done, so I’m trying to hurry it along a little, as I’m excited about the idea of having a complete pair of socks for next winter. They are in a really fun turquoise stripe, so will stand out when I wear them. I did discover one funny thing, I did the heel different on each sock, luckily no-one sees the heel when you wear them. I don’t know how I managed to read the instructions differently the second time, but it is what it is and I’m not about to take it out. I discovered it when I took the completed sock out to see how many rows of the pattern I did before I started the toe decrease. I’m sure the knitting group will have a good laugh over that when I show them the finished pair.
I did something yesterday that I’ve been meaning to do for a very, very long time. I reuse my plant tags until they break. This means that I use them for several years. I’ve never had a good way of organizing them and find that I can never find them when I’m planting the seeds. This means I end up making new ones, only to find the old ones stuck someplace out of the way. I found a box that is exactly the size of the tags. I then made divider cards with one letter of the alphabet on each one and organized the tags by plant, i.e., amaranth, eggplant, tomatoes, watermelon. This way when I’m planting seed I can go to the box, pull out the tags I need for whatever I’m planting and reuse them. I got some of the tags in there, but I know I’ve got a lot more somewhere. As I find them I’ll get them organized, too.
I then turned my attention to getting things organized in my studio so that I can get going on finishing the box projects. That is my goal for this month and I’m kinda behind, so I need to get with it. I have three big projects left to finish. One of them I need to purchase webbing for, so that may or may not get done, but the other three I should be able to complete with what I have on hand. So, for the next week, I’m going to have to really focus on getting them completed. I’ve started one, one is going to be quite quick, but the last one I’ve not even started to think about what I want to do with it. I’m pretty excited about the fact that I’m going to get this huge box out of my office. Then I think I’ll start doing one old project and one new one. That way I’ll finish up the old, but inject some excitement with something new.
Oh, I almost forgot. I picked out the fabric to complete the rework on my summer nightie.