Boy, we busted our tooshes today! I need to get the greenhouse ready for plants asap. The weather is definitely cooling down and they have to be in their nice warm home before the nighttime temperatures get to 50 or below on a regular basis. We’ve had some mid-50s already! We had some repair work that needed to be done to the air circulation system and I needed to fill in the cinderblocks with something to keep the black widows out. While I was doing that I realized that some of the foundation we had put in last fall had shrunk and we had gaps all along the bottom of the greenhouse. Not good! So we had to mix up more clay and water and go around the entire base of the greenhouse and fill all the gaps. Hopefully, that will take care of the problem. I did notice an almost immediate change in the airflow once the gaps were all plugged. That is a good sign.
Of course all of this took the entire day. We didn’t finish up until about 6:00 p.m. I was so exhausted that I didn’t even go to knitting group. I was even in bed before 9:00 p.m.! That is unheard of. At least we got it done and will be able to put everything back together on Thursday. Then, I have to clean and spray the plants with Safer to make sure I’m not bringing in a lot of pests and disease, before I bring them into their Winter home.